Are you ready for a one dish dinner that is quick and easy but feeds the soul? This one dish dinner will not leave you wanting. This is as “fall” as it gets with lots of herbs, healthy ingredients, and only 35 minutes from start to table. It is definitely a keeper at our house as it got a ten out of ten!
- 1 Large sweet potato, peeled and diced in small cubes
- 3-4 Cups small broccoli florets
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 Pounds boneless skinless chicken breast diced (I made small pieces)
- 1/2 Red onion diced
- 3 1/2 Cups chopped broccoli florets
- 4 Cloves minced garlic
- ¾ tsp. dried thyme, rosemary, sage and parsley (or substitute Italian seasonings for sage and parsley)
- 1/8-teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 Cup pecans
- 1/3 Cup dried cranberries
One Dish Dinner Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees while preparing. Place diced sweet potato in a large oven pan and coat with a tablespoon of olive oil. Spread evenly and bake for 15 minutes while continuing any remaining prep.
- Remove potatoes from oven and add broccoli, onion, and chicken. Sprinkle with garlic and herbs and 1 tsp. sea salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Toss evenly with remaining oil to coat. Return to oven to roast about 16-20 minutes or as long as needed to cook chicken thoroughly. Remove, toss in pecans and cranberries and combine and your one dish dinner is ready to be served.
- Serve hot and enjoy!